For over 50 years, the National Flag Foundation has led the way in educating the American public about the Flag of the United States. We have a rich history of creating reference resources for teachers, students, and citizens to further the teaching and respect of the American Standard. We believe that education is the key to a more informed and patriotic nation.
As we move forward, our organization has several goals. These goals represent our commitment to Flag education:
- Encourage understanding and respect for the Flag of the United States, its ideals, and those who uphold the freedoms which every American enjoys and benefits from.
- Enrich our country’s knowledge, care, handling, and respect for the Flag.
- Share inspiring stories related to the Flag and make our Flag a greater part of the contemporary culture and media dialogue.
- Highlight the history and facts about our Flag as well as the symbolism and emotion behind it.
- Encourage people to be proud Flag-flying Americans, actively supporting their Flag, community, and country.
In light of the goals of our organization, the National Flag Foundation seeks several outcomes:
- To persuade more Americans to fly their Flags both on national holidays and on a regular basis.
- To show people how the Flag of the United States can be respected and properly cared for, thus making the Flag more prevalent in our national identity.