We’ve been Raising the Standard since 1968.
For over 50 years, The National Flag Foundation has led the way in educating the American public about the Flag of the United States. We have a rich history of creating reference resources for teachers, students, and citizens to further the teaching and respect of the American Standard. We believe that education is the key to a more informed and patriotic nation.
As we move forward, our organization has several goals. These goals represent our commitment to Flag education:
- Encourage understanding and respect for the Flag of the United States, its ideals, and those who uphold the freedoms which every American enjoys and benefits from
- Enrich our country’s knowledge, care, handling, and respect for the Flag
- Share inspiring stories related to the Flag and make our Flag a greater part of the contemporary culture and media dialogue
- Highlight the history and facts about our Flag as well as the symbolism and emotion behind it
- Encourage people to be proud Flag-flying Americans, actively supporting and their Flag, community, and country
In light of the goals of our organization, The National Flag Foundation seeks several outcomes:
- To persuade more Americans to fly their Flags both on national holidays and on a regular basis
- To show people how the Flag of the United States can be respected and properly cared for, thus making the Flag more prevalent in our national identity